Reflecting on important terms in this section:
1. Plasticity: term used to explain how the brain is modified with experience.
2. Neurogenesis: production of new cells in certain brain regions.
3. Executive Function: basic cognitive processes that underlie on-going, goal-directed behaviors and higher-order thinking skills.
One of the most important areas that I really think is important is the use of creativity in the classroom. Even with the amount of curriculum that is pushed on students, I think as educators it is important to find new and creative ways to teach our students. By making the classroom a creative place, I believe that we can expand children's creative thinking and problem solving skills.
That leads me to believe that more art programs should be used in our schools. According to the text, research has reported that there is a tight correlation between the study of arts and improvement in attention and various cognitive abilities.
No comments:
Post a Comment